Date, Coffee & Pecan Loaf
Happy International Baking Day! Bring the café home and bake the family our delicious Date, Coffee & Pecan Loaf.
This recipe makes 1 scrumptious loaf.
2 ¼ cup Self raising flour
1 cup Brown sugar
¾ cup Canola oil
2 cups Pitted dates
1 tsp Bicarb soda
200 ml Boiling water
60 ml Espresso coffee
1 ½ tbs. Fresh coffee grounds
100 g Pecans + extra for decoration
- Preheat oven to 150C. Cut dates in half and combine with bi carb soda and boiling water. Leave to soak for 10 minutes. Roughly chop pecans.
- In a bowl combine sugar, oil and egg and whisk until smooth.
- Add coffee and coffee grinds, stir until combined.
- Add 1 cup of flour and stir through.
- Add dates and water, mix in well. Add remaining flour and chopped pecans and ensure they are mixed in thoroughly.
- Grease and line with baking paper a non-stick loaf pan about 22cm.
- Pour mix into the pan and bake for 40 minutes, remove from oven and cover with foil and bake for a further 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool completely. Cut into 10 slices to serve.
Hint: To intensify your cafe experience at home, toast a slice of this delicious loaf and serve with butter and a hot cup of Jamaica Blue Coffee. Order your capsules here: